Week 3 Assignment
After reading the Chapters 6, 7 and 9, answer the questions below.
1. Post on Week 3 Discussion board link the management-research question hierarchy identified in the exercise 1 Week 2. Pick any two classmates’ posts, and comment on their contributions. How clear are they Grade the contributions from 0 – 100 points.
2. Read carefully the following situation that a manager faces. Management dilemma, question and research questions for the situation are described below:
The president of a home healthcare services firm.
Management Dilemma: The firm is experiencing an increasing number of complaints regarding health care service quality.
Management Problem: What can be done to improve service quality
Research Questions: (1) Is there a real problem in the quality of service or is the ‘perceived’ quality of the service poor (2) Which categories of health care services are generating the major portion of complaints (3) What specific improvements can improve these services (4) What may be expected as an outcome of the improvements
Based on the situation described above and its management dilemma, question, and research questions, answers the following questions:
1.1. Select what type of research (exploratory, descriptive or casual study) fits with these research questions and explain why (Chapter 6).
1.2. Decide what methods (qualitative or quantitative) can help you to get the answer of the research questions (Chapter 7).
1.3. Decide what kind of survey is appropriate to answer the research questions. Follow the information in the Chapter 8.Explain why
2. China is on the verge of discovering its vast potential as a world market. Assume your firm is considering marketing a food product there and discovered during exploration the China Health and Nutrition Study. This study was a joint project of the Carolina Population Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the Institute of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, and the Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine. Describe the research design of this study. http://www.cpc.unc.edu/china
3. Go to www.mhhe.com/cooper11e, click on “student edition”, select chapter 7, go to cases and click on “Ohio Lottery case”, at the same time go to video cases (below cases link) and find Ohio Lottery video, play the video. Then, once you have read the case and watched the video then answer questions 1, 2 and 5 from the case. Answer the questions in APA style.
4. Click on the link shown below, then prepare a paper on the Hawthorne studies. What was the original research question or premise What type of studies was conducted What were the final results of the studies What other variations of the studies might have been conducted
Quiz 3 will be available soon.
After studying the content for this week plus what you learned from week 1 and 2 contents, you will be ready for working on the Week 3 Final Project Advance, see its link below.
This assignment must be sent through the turnitin link shown below. Do not include the questions in your submission, only include your answers to avoid having a high percentage of similarity with external sources. Please, check carefully the originality of your submission. Cite external references to support your answers in both within the text and in the references part as mandated by APA style. The instructor will not accept more than 5% of materials from external sources in the content of the document; otherwise, your work will be considered invalid. If you have any question, contact your instructor.