This assignment will provide the opportunity for students to explore and identify issues to anticipate during the transition from nursing student to a nurse in today’s complex healthcare environment.
Develop a scholarly paper that addresses the following criteria:
1. Describe the various roles of a new graduate nurse in today’s complex healthcare environment.
2. Identify the skills, knowledge and attitudes nursing leaders desire in new nurses.
3. Describe a personal communication with a nurse leader regarding what skills, knowledge and/or attitudes new nurses are lacking based upon the leader’s experience with new nurses.
4. Explain the issues and challenges faced by new nurses upon entering the workforce.
5. Discuss methods / strategies to assist new nurses in transitioning into the nursing profession.
6. Provide examples from scholarly sources to support the above criteria.
7. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 3 to 4 pages excluding the title and reference page.
8. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
9. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
10. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
11. Include a minimum of 3 professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
12. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
13. Submit the assignment to Turnitin prior to the final submission, review the originality report, and make any needed changes
14. Submit by the posted due date.