Order DescriptionTOPIC- MEDIA JOURNAL
Readings, References and Materials (To be used in referencing)
Hampton R, Toombs, M. 2013, Indigenous Australians and Health; the Wombat in the Room Oxford University Press Australia and New Zealand
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-24/curtin-university-creates-indigenous-mental-health-degree/7272094 section=wahttps://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-27/safety-fears-for-state-wards-absconing-newman-out-of-home-care/7278284 section=wa
Week Week Commencing Lecture/Tutorial Outline Assessment Task
1 29/02/2016 Concepts of Health and Wellbeing
2 07/03/2016 Access to Health Services
3 14/03/2016 Ethics and Indigenous Health Care
4 21/03/2016 Communication for Working with Indigenous Australians
5 28/03/2016 Primary Health Care
6 04/04/2016 Physical Health Care
Length 2500 Words
Type of Collaboration Individual Assessment
Details This assignment involves the collection and analysis of media material on a current Indigenous issue with related impact on health. Students are required to link contemporary issues as presented in the media with those discussed in tutorials and in the readings.
1. Identify a relevant and appropriate issue from the subject topics
2. Collect a minimum of 6 items – this can include newspaper articles, editorials, cartoons, Letters to the Editor, magazine articles and Internet articles. The sources will need to be local, interstate and possibly international.
3. Summarise key issue(s) in the material collected (attach to assignment).
4. Link material to various models and approaches investigated in the subject.
5. Discuss how the material might affect the current debate on the issue.
6. Discuss your position and views on the issue presented and explore other perspectives. You will need to read widely on the issue, including books, journal articles and government reports.
(Topics covered 1-5)