Select a publicly traded U.S. corporation you would like to study this semester and ask the professor for permission by posting a response here.
Your corporation must:
1) have a SEC 10-K report for the current or most recent prior year
2) be among the Fortune 100 companies. To identify Fortune 500 companies click this link:http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2013/full_list/
3) have an Inventory account and produce something (a manufacturing company)
Your corporation may NOT:
1) be the same corporation you used for SEC projects in other classes
2) be a bank or any other type of financial institution
1. Write the name of the corporation, the stock market where it is traded, and its ticker symbol in the Subject line when you respond to this posting and all other postings related to this project.
Under Armour; NYSE: UA
Apple; NASDAQ: APPL
Exxon Mobile; NYSE: XOM
2. State why you want to study and prepare a financial analysis of your corporation.
3. Provide a direct link to your corporation’s SEC 10K report for the most recent year. A direct link is a hyper link that takes you directly to a Website where the SEC 10K report is located. For example, this is the direct link to the 2013 SEC 10K report for Apple, Inc.
The most direct route to finding the direct link is to use the SEC EDGAR System and search by Company name.
The following link is a good place to start your search:
4. State your corporation’s position on the Fortune 500 List for the current year.
5. Provide page numbers for all four required financial statements:
Income Statement (Hint: it could be listed as the Consolidated Statements of Income)
Balance Sheet (Hint: it could be listed as the Consolidated Balance Sheet or Statement of Financial Position)
Statement of Stockholders Equity (Hint: it could be listed as the Consolidated Statements of Stockholder’s Equity or Consolidated Statements of Stockholder’s Deficit)