Primary Source History Assignment 400 Words Essay
Pick ONE document/image/article from the links below (OR one of the Primary Sources from Chapters 5-8 accessible at the CourseMate page).
Han Fei-tzu: Legalist Views on Good Government – http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/world_civ/worldcivreader/world_civ_reader_1/hanfeitzu.html
Xenophon: The Spartan War Machine (c. 375 BCE) – http://legacy.fordham.edu/halsall/ancient/xenophon-spartanwar.asp
Accounts of Hellenic Games (470 BCE – 175 CE) – http://legacy.fordham.edu/halsall/ancient/greekgames.asp
The Edicts of King Ashoka – http://www.cs.colostate.edu/~malaiya/ashoka.html
Roman Law: The Twelve Tables – http://www.csun.edu/~hcfll004/12tables.html
Julius Caesar: War Commentaries – http://classics.mit.edu/Browse/browse-Caesar.html
Respond to the Following Questions:
1. Provide a basic summary of the document, or event, or activity represented in the image. (1 – 3 sentences MAX.)
2. How does this source relate to what we have covered in class How do you feel about what you are reading Can you relate in any way to the situation
3. What does this source tell us about the people who created this source or participated in the events described
– Your response should be between 400-600 words.
– No outside sources!
– Be careful with the due time. It’s on Thursday June16, 18:00 Dallas TX time zone.