Marketing has often been defined in terms of satisfying customers’ needs and wants. Critics, however, maintain that marketing goes beyond that and creates needs and wants that did not exist before. They feel marketers encourage consumers to spend more money than they should on goods and services they do not really need.
Take s position: Marketing shapes consumers needs and wants versus Marketing merely reflects the needs and wants of consumers. 200 WORDS
2. Consider the broad shifts in marketing. Do any themes emerge in them? Can you relate the shifts to the major societal forces? Which force has contributed to which shift? 200 WORDS
3. How does marketing affect customer value? 200 WORDS
4. Mission statements are often the product of much deliberation and discussion. At the same time, critics claim they sometimes lack “teeth” and specificity, or do not vary much from firm to firm and make the same empty promises.
Take a position: Mission statements are critical to a successful marketing organization versus Mission statements rarely provide useful marketing value. 200 WORDS
5. When was the last time you participated in a survey? How helpful do you think the information you provided was? How could the research have been done differently to make it more effective? 200 WORDS
6. Many market researchers have their favorite research approaches or techniques, although different researchers often have different preferences. Some researchers maintain that the only way to really learn about consumers or brands is through in-depth, qualitative research. Others contend that the only legitimate and defensible form of marketing research uses quantitative measures.
Take a position: The best marketing research is quantitative in nature versus the best marketing research is qualitative in nature. 200 WORDS
This assignment is designed to help students analyze and interpret primary and/or secondary data and research. First, students will be provided with a marketing report that allows for preparing basic executive level data insights. Second, they will be allowed to pick a company and product or service. This assignment will help prepare students for the development of their marketing plan. Students will be creating a marketing plan (refer to Marketing Plan and Outline document) so they may want to choose a company and product or service that has data readily available or where they can use demographic/psychographic data to provide insights.
Analyze the Week 1 Business Growth Overview dataset. This is a marketing report generated by an analyst for the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Marketing at a large corporation. The analyst is new and has provided summary data but no insights or commentary for the SVP.
Construct a minimum 525-word memorandum for the SVP providing insights and commentary. The memorandum should include your analysis of the following:
Major areas of increase and decrease in revenue or type and/or category of business
Trends that are evident in terms of revenue or type and/or category of business
Insights that would help formulate marketing strategies to either continue growth or reverse decline
Additional analysis you (if you were SVP) would like to build a marketing goal and strategy or strategies (and why)
Select a global or multi-regional (does business in more than one country) company and one of its products or services that will serve as the basis for your marketing plan. You should obtain two years of annual reports as well as two years of 10K reports (provides a comprehensive overview of the company’s business and financial condition and includes audited financial statements) for your data source. Once you have selected your product or service, you must define the size and type of your selected company that provides the product or service (available from annual reports). This need not be elaborate but must include total number of employees, production volume, distribution methods, and so forth. Record this information in a summary document as outlined below.
Company and product selection is a critical part of this project. You must ensure your proposed company can implement the marketing methods discussed in Marketing Management.
Prepare a minimum 175-word summary document and send it to your instructor as a record of your selection. The summary document should include the following:
Name of Company
Location of Company Headquarters
Name of Product or Service selected
General description of company (number of employees, revenue, type of ownership, web page, etc.)
General description of product or service
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines.