Is Metabolic Evidence for Vitamin B-12 and Folate Deficiency More Frequent in Elderly Patients With Alzheimer’s Disease
• State the problem clearly as it is presented in the report.
• Have the investigators placed the study problem within the context of existing knowledge
• Will the study solve a problem relevant to nursing
• State the purpose of the research.
Review of the Literature
• Identify the concepts explored in the literature review.
• Were the references current If not, what do you think the reasons are
• Are the theoretical concepts defined and related to the research
• Does the research draw solely on nursing theory or does it draw on theory from other disciplines
• Is a theoretical framework stated in this research piece
• If not, suggest one that might be suitable for the study.
• What are the independent and dependent variables in this study
• Are the operational definitions of the variables given If so, are they concrete and measurable
• Is the research question or the hypothesis stated What is it
• What type of design (quantitative, qualitative, and type) was used in this study
• Was inductive or deductive reasoning used in this study
• State the sample size and study population, sampling method, and study setting.
• Did the investigator choose a probability or non-probability sample
• State the type of reliability and the validity of the measurement tools.
• Were ethical considerations addressed
• What data analysis tool was used
• How were the results presented in the study
• Identify at least one (1) finding.
Summary/Conclusions, Implications, and Recommendations
• What are the strengths and limitations of the study
• In terms of the findings, can the researcher generalize to other populations Explain.
• Evaluate the findings and conclusions as to their significance for nursing.