Use APA 6th Edition Format and support your work with at
least 3 peer-reviewed references within 5 years of publication. Remember
that you need a cover page and a reference page. All paragraphs need to
be cited properly. Please use headers. All responses must be in a
narrative format and each paragraph must have at least 4 sentences.
Lastly, you must have at least 2 pages of content, no greater than 4
pages, excluding cover page and reference page.
Due 11/25/2019 by 12 Midnight. If submitted after 11/27/2019,
Case Study #3: Insomnia and Sleep Disorders
S.H., age 47, reports difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep.
These problems have been ongoing for many years, but she has never
mentioned them to her health care provider. She has generally “lived
with it” and selftreated the problem with OTC Tylenol PM. Currently, she
is also experiencing perimenopausal symptoms of night sweats and mood
swings. Current medical problems include hypertension controlled with
medications. Past medical history includes childhood illnesses of
measles, chickenpox, and mumps. Family history is positive for diabetes
on the maternal side and hypertension on the paternal side. Her only
medication is an angiotensinconverting enzyme inhibitor and diuretic
combination for hypertension control. She generally does not like taking
medication and does not take any other OTC products.
1. List specific goals of therapy for S.H.
2. What drug therapy would you prescribe? Why?
3. What are the parameters for monitoring the success of the therapy?
4. Discuss specific patient education based on the prescribed therapy
5. List one or two adverse reactions for the selected agent that would cause you to change therapy.
6. What would be the choice for second-line therapy?
7. What OTC and/or alternative medicines might be appropriate for this patient?
8. What dietary and lifestyle changes might you recommend?
9. Describe one or two drug–drug or drug–food interactions for the selected agent.