Discuss, with detail, three things you believe are critical for first responders to know regarding potential threats of disaster response work to their mental healthDecember 11, 2017
Do significant concerns related to the psychosocial development and functioning and potential of adverse reactions, such as the development of PTSD, exist with these types of indirect exposures to terrorist events?December 11, 2017
Week 6 Treating Trauma
This week, we consider the many options for treatment in disaster situations.
- Using the course materials as a guide, identify the treatment option(s) you would deploy in a specific disaster situation, explaining your rationale for the selection(s).
- In addition, discuss the population(s) the treatment will be used with and why this is the most appropriate choice for the population(s) identified.
Remember to respond to at least three classmates during the week in the discussion forum.
Each week in the discussion forum:
- By Wednesday at 11:55pm Eastern Time please post a 300-word minimum length “Initial Post” in response to the topic requirements on each forum during its scheduled week.
- Also, required are for each forum are three (3) 200-word minimum length replies to at least three different classmates, due by Sunday at 11:55 pm Eastern Time.
- Forums are scholarly dialogs, so while sharing what you think and not just what published authors wrote is encouraged, only stating opinion isn’t acceptable.
- Instead, thoughtfully integrate relevant theory and research you read about this week and strive to make connections between that academic content and your own observations and experiences.
- Formal citations are not required in the discussion forums.
Your responses to the postings of other students should be relevant and substantive.
- Reply posts containing just a few sentences or statements of agreement or disagreement only or that stray away from the topic, congratulating classmates for a “good job”, or repeat what another classmate has already said in his or her posts does not demonstrate substantive discussion.
- Please be certain to post the name of the person you are responding to in each post you make; this is essential for tracking who said what to whom.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"