Identify a business problem and the associated dependent variable which is of interest and perform the following tasks.
Quantitative – Research Plan
Length: 2500 words
Identify a business problem and the associated dependent variable which is of
interest and perform the following tasks.
(1) Briefly describe the context and/or organizational background for the business
(2) Conduct a brief literature review which employs at least five articles which
does the following:
(a) Identifies how to most appropriately measure the dependent variable of
interest, document and comment on its validity and reliability properties.
(b)Identify at least two other variables (independent, mediating or
moderating) which are hypothesized to influence or explain the
dependent variable of interest, document and comment on their validity
and reliability properties.
(3) List the specific hypotheses relating the dependent variable to the other
variables. Draw an accompanying diagram illustrating the conceptual model.
Briefly outline the theory which underpins these hypotheses and the
(4) Develop and justify an appropriate questionnaire which can be used to
generate the data to test the proposed conceptual model. Explicitly consider
other control and demographic variables which may impact on the employed
(5) Using the proposed quantitative method develop a research plan.
The research plan should address, at least, the following, choices must be
• What is the population of interest and what sampling frame will be used? How will
sampling be conducted? What is the target sample size?
• How will the data be collected, mail survey, on-line distribution, face-to-face?
Motivate your choice.
• How do you propose to analyses the data?
• What are the ethical implications of your research, and how will they be addressed?
In preparing the assignment the following conditions must be followed.
1. No actual research involving the collection of primary data from human
participants should be performed, i.e., interviews, observation, focus groups,
2. Identities of the organization and its employees should not be disclosed in the
assignment. This means removing any information in the assignment which could
potentially identify the organization and its employees.
3. The assignment should not contain any private and/or commercial-in-confidence
information which is not available publicly.
A written report is required as part of the requirements of the assignment. A natural
format for a response is to use the four tasks (listed under assignment task) as section
headings (appropriately reduced and modified) for the written report.
The report should follow all the standard academic requirements for presentation
including an appropriate list of cited references.
References should be more than 8 in APA-6 format as well provide In text