you must watch a video of his talk (approximately 20 minutes), and then answer some questions about it.
Here is a link to the video:
1. Dr. Ariely describes “the power of the default.” What factor does he use to explain differences between countries in the rate of organ donation? In other words, why do some countries have a high percentage of organ donation and others have a low percentage?
2. Dr. Ariely describes how adding an inferior option (a choice that nobody actually wants) to a set of choices can influence the decision that people will ultimately make. How does the option of “Rome without coffee” influence people’s likelihood of choosing a trip to “Rome with coffee” vs. “Paris”?
3. What is the primary message of Dr. Ariely’s presentation?
4. From your perspective, what was the most novel, noteworthy, or surprising part of Dr. Ariely’s presentation?
5. Could you relate to any of the research findings and/or examples that Dr. Ariely presented? Please explain.
your answers must be correct, specific, and free of spelling and grammatical errors. They should also be concise; your entire response should be no longer than one page.