How might culture contribute to the definition of pathology and mental illness?December 2, 2018
Explains how you will measure the impact of your intervention and explains the importance of evaluation as a part of any organizational intervention planDecember 2, 2018
Assignment 1: Diversity Consultation
Industrial/organizational (I/O) professionals are sometimes required to consult and advise organizations regarding managing diversity conflicts that arise in the workplace. Often, these are complex and delicate situations with multiple legal and ethical implications. This assignment presents you with an opportunity to assess and recommend a solution plan in a specific workplace diversity scenario.
Using the Argosy University online library resources, the readings for this module, and the Internet, research laws, professional codes of conduct, models, and theories pertaining to diversity in the workplace. Then, based on your research, respond to the following:
- Choose one of the following scenarios involving a diversity challenge in the workplace:
- Scenario 1: David and Kate are coworkers assigned to work together on an important project in your organization. David is a conservative who is very open about his strong Christian beliefs and convictions. Kate has a small picture of her same-sex, long-term life partner on her desk at work. David is offended by Kate’s lifestyle and the picture of her partner he claims she “flaunts” at work. David wants to be removed from the project as soon as possible, but he and Kate both possess critical and unique knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) needed for successful completion of the project.
- Scenario 2: Joyce, a married female employee of your organization, has filed a harassment case against Pierre, a male coworker recently transferred from Paris. Joyce says Pierre told her at a work luncheon that he found her to be very attractive. Joyce was uncomfortable with the comment in general—especially since both she and Pierre have spouses. She asked him not to speak to her ever again and is angry because he still keeps trying to talk to her. In his defense, Pierre says he meant the comment as a benign compliment and simply wanted to speak to Joyce to apologize to her.
- Scenario 3: Fatima has worked for Acme shirt factory for five years. Recently, due to health and safety concerns stemming from a poor insurance audit report last quarter, the factory has issued an updated dress code that does not allow hats or other head or facial garments to be worn on the premises. Fatima’s religious beliefs require that her head and neck be covered at all times. Her manager informed her she could not wear her hijab at work any longer. Fatima refused to abide by this new dress code and has been fired as a result.
- Describe the major presenting problems, any potential legal issues that may come into play with the selected scenario, and suggest an empirically supported organizational intervention plan to address the problem. Keep in mind that your intervention will attempt to satisfy as many organizational stakeholders as possible.
- What assessment would you conduct to enhance your understanding of the problems?
- How would your assessment address the organizational psychological issues?
- Why would you choose this assessment? Is there theoretical or empirical support available in the scholarly literature that would suggest your assessment choice is reasonable and acceptable for this situation?
- Describe the evaluation measures you would use to assess the effectiveness of the intervention plan you presented.
Support your statements with appropriate examples and scholarly references.
Write your initial response in approximately 300 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"