What are the social factors that play a critical role in improving health?
What are the social factors that are the greatest threat to health?
How can sociology help health practitioners better understand their patients and provide improved forms of health care?
Submit your answers in a three- to four-page Microsoft Word document.
Prior to completing this assignment
, please review the Week 1 required readings (textbook, articles, videos, and Instructor Guidance) that cover the three theories used for this assignment. When researching journal articles
for this assignment, please use these search terms for best results: Biopsychosocial Model, Person-in-Environment system, and Bronfenbrenner’s Ecological Theory or Bronfenbrenner’s Ecological Model. When preparing your PowerPoint presentation
, you may want to do a Google or YouTube search for How do I ____ (add Speaker’s Notes, quote in APA, change a design, change colors, etcetera) in PowerPoint.
Scenario: You have been asked to speak to an audience on the importance of the social factors affecting one’s experience of life. For this presentation, create an interesting and educational PowerPoint presentation, which contains a critical narrative that integrates aspects of the various theories with your individual sociocultural experiences.
To begin, create a PowerPoint presentation of 10 to 12 slides (excluding title and reference slides). Research each theory fully so you can effectively synthesize information relevant to these topics. Your presentation must include three scholarly sources that are cited in APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. For help with finding scholarly resources for your presentation view the tutorial on searching for articles from the Ashford University Library.
Please include the following in your presentation.
- Include a succinct thesis statement for your presentation.
- Choosing one of the SOC313 Family members, provide a thorough description of the health condition, and describe how the condition affects the person physically and mentally.
- Provide a thorough explanation as to how the condition affects their meso-level and exo-level interactions.
- Compare and contrast the three developmental theories in your presentation. Discuss the similarities and differences in each theory. There will be three comparisons (Bronfenbrenner to PIE, Bronfenbrenner to Biopsychosocial, and PIE to Biopsychosocial).
- Incorporate appropriate images, tables, graphs, or other visuals as necessary.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Follow directions below regarding information to be placed on the slides versus what is included in the Speaker’s Notes section below each slide.
Please observe these general guidelines for your visual presentation. This link contains tips for basic guidelines of slide presentations. Additionally, this website (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.offers tips for creating effective and interesting slide presentations.]]>