Many healthcare leaders believe that physician-hospital alignment is one of the greatest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system. Hospitals and physicians are faced with the task of finding innovative ways to collaborate while taking advantage of their joint economic interests. Accountable care organizations (ACO) medical foundations hospital-owned group practices and joint venture initiatives are all potential solutions. Refer to Chapter 9 Accountable Care Organizations and Physicians Joint Ventures in your text and answer the following questions
1) Define the concept of an integrated physician model.
2) Explain the importance of clinical integration in the strategic planning process.
3) Demonstrate an understanding of the dynamics of and controversies surrounding accountable care organizations and alternative approaches to the current health system.
4) Choose one of the models for hospital-physicians integration and discuss the advantages and disadvantages for hospitals and physicians under this model. (Medical foundations hospital-owned group practices hospitalists joint venture initiatives equity-based joint ventures etc.)
Unit 5 Assignment Grading Rubric = 160 points Requirements Points
1) Defines the concept of an integrated 0-50
2) Explains the importance of clinical 0-50
integration in strategic planning.
3) Explains the controversies of ACOs and 0-50
identifies alternative approaches in the health system
4) Identifies one model for hospital-physicians 0-50 integration and discusses the advantages and disadvantages for hospitals/physicians under this model.
? Please complete Assignment in a Microsoft Word document.
? The body of your document should be at least 1500 words in length.
? Quoting should be less than 10% of the entire paper. Paraphrasing is necessary.
? Students must cite and reference at least 4 credible sources.
? APA format is required for support access the Kaplan Writing Center.”
The post Explain the importance of clinical integration in the strategic planning process. Many healthcare leaders believe that physician-hospital alignment is one of the greatest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system. appeared first on My Nursing Paper.