An essay introduction is an important part of the essay. It signifies and forms a general impression about the entire essay. The likelihood of the essay being read depends on how the introduction is written. Student should have a sound understanding of how an introduction to an essay is written. As this is the starting point of the essay, not being able to master the applicable techniques at this stage can jeopardize the entire essay writing.
What is an Essay Introduction?
The introduction is the most read section of the essay. The introduction will do what it states. It will introduce the essay to the reader. A good introduction must captivate the reader and grab his attention. If the introduction is good, the writer can be certain that the entire essay will be read with a high level of interest. Therefore, you should spend adequate amount of time necessary to ensure that their essays are introduced in the proper manner. If you are not clear on how this is done, by obtaining some essay examples which have well written introductions, a better understanding can be achieved.
How to Write the Introduction to an essay cannot be written haphazardly. Invest a significant amount of time, deciding on an essay opener. There are some key elements which should be considered when writing the introduction.
The introduction should be a short paragraph. Therefore, students should write it in a manner which is specific and clear.
• Use extraordinary starters. Use a quote from a famous person, a question or an anecdote. However, these starters should be relevant to the topic being discussed in the essay.
• Avoid common phrases, but be simple. Do not write complicated material.
• Provide brief ideas about the issues related to the topic. For example, if you are writing an argumentative essay, consider the argumentative essay topics and discuss the issues which are pertaining to that.
• Do not go into detail about the issues as this is to be included in the body of the essay.
• Begin the introduction by outlining the topic and the main points which you will be discussing in the body.
• As the last section of the introduction, state a clear thesis statement. With the thesis, the reader gets a sound idea of what the student wishes to discuss in the essay.
A good introduction to an essay ensures that the entire essay is worth reading. This is very important as tutors have many essays which they need to go through. A good essay introduction creates a favorable and positively disposed mind towards the rest of the essay assessment. Given the importance of the introduction section, it is a good idea for students to practice their skills by referring to sample work such as classification essay examples to perfect their introduction writing skills.
The post Essay Introduction Should Catch Attention appeared first on nursing Writers.