The executive summary is a company marketing document intended to excite potential investors, customers, advisers, and employees. Its purpose is to get the call back and start the serious discussions—the process that will result in action.
Your executive summary should include:
- The Mission Statement
- Company information
- Growth highlights – Graphs and charts can be helpful in this section.
- Your Products/Services
- Financial information – If you are seeking financing, include any information about your current bank and investors.
- Summarize future plans –
- The elevator speech—for this assignment it will take the place of an abstract. It should be crisp, clear, and convey what the company is all about in less than 250 words.
This paper should have a title page, abstract (the elevator speech), body, and reference page. Points will be deducted if any of these four sections are missing. Make sure papers are written in correct APA style.
The executive summary should be between 400-600 words (not including the elevator speech/abstract), double space, and use font size 12. Structure the paper along the lines advised above.
HU260 Strategies for Decision Making – Week 7 Assignment
Analyzing the News
News reporting is done by journalists, who are charged with the important responsibility of curating information in ways that are fair and honest.
This week you will assume the role of a news editor or executive. Using the knowledge gained from this week’s readings and lectures, write a mock job posting for a journalist. Your job posting should include:
· A description of what the journalist will do (feel free to be creative, given that there are many different kinds of journalists)
· A list of qualities necessary for being a good journalist
· A list of expectations that the journalist will fulfill. Make sure to include required skills that address reliability and validity in reporting.
Make your mock job posting look as realistic as possible. If you are unsure about how to write a job posting, look for examples online.