Teitelbaum, J. B., & Wilensky, S. E. (2013). Essentials of health policy and law (2nd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
200 WORDS: You must use at least one scholarly source other than and including your textbook (minimum of two references)
1. Define policy and its application in both the public and private sectors.
2. Identify and describe the public policymaking roles for each of the branches of government. How do they impact health policy in the U.S.?
3. Identify and explain the different standards of review regarding constitutional claims. Discuss a recent case in which a standard of review was used to determine whether or not a law was constitutional.
4. What is the origin and purpose of judicial review? How does it impact the U.S. legal system? What are some ways that you see judicial review affecting health care in the U.S.?
5. The U.S. legal system has multiple levels. It can take years for a claim to make its way through the entire system. Do these multiple levels add confusion to the process or do you think they are beneficial? Is there a simpler or better method to resolve disputes?