MPAStudents will select a federal statute from THE STATUTES AT LARGE that addresses an issue in organization behavior. Congress has passed several laws on many issues over human rights, civil rights, women’s rights and non-discrimination, compensation, and safety at the workplace.
1. Explain why Congress considered it important to pass the law. This may involve doing background research on the issue, using statistics, court cases, and events.
2. Cite substantive parts of this law verbatim (2-3 pages). This must only be the parts that you consider important.
3. What has happened since Congress passed the law Once again, this part will require research. Cite court cases, statistics about the issue or evidence of the problem improving, interest groups’ involvement, and how state and local governments and businesses have reacted to the law.
4. The paper must be 10 pages minimum with no maximum. Must be typed, double-spaced, and references must appear as endnotes.
5. The law you select must have been passed within the past thirty-five years.