Case Questions: Club MedDecember 16, 2017
Case Questions: BluefinDecember 16, 2017
Case Questions: Barco Projection Systems (A)
1 Describe the product line strategy of the Barco Projection Systems Division.
- On p. 12 of the Barco case, Dejonghe comments that “All of our projections, however, were based on the assumption that Sony would respect our ‘vision’ of the marketplace.” What does this mean? When does one competitor accept another’s “vision” of the market?
- Why did Sony decide to reject BPS’s vision of the market in August 1989?
- How serious a threat is the Sony 1270? What are Sony’s objectives?
- Did Barco make a mistake somewhere along the way—or do things like this “just happen” when competing in high technology businesses on a global scale?
- What should Barco do now with respect to price?
- What should Barco do now with respect to its product development plans?
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"