2)SECOND INDIVIDUAL PROJECTS ASIGNMENT
Company Analysis 2.
This is a follow-up assignment which will require the student to do internal assessment about the selected ‘live case domestic organization” and its functional areas. The Company Analysis format highlights the company profile, and the analysis of each of the functional areas. Key strategic issues which could impact on the entire organization are identified and require the student to recommend relevant actions. The student should be able to address such concerns in consideration of all the internal and external factors. (Note: The relationships and influences of the observations and findings in assignment 1 are integrated in this assignment through the inclusion of a SWOT Analysis and its interpretation). The submitted paper should have a minimum of 3,000 words.
Web Case 3
- CASE ABSTACT
Stryker is a leading maker of specialty medical and surgical products, a market expected to show strong sales growth. Stryker markets its products directly to hospitals and physicians in the United States and 100 other countries. Given the decline in the number of hospitals due to consolidation and cost containment efforts by government programs and health care insurers, the industry expects continued downward pressure on prices. How can Stryker effectively deal with these developments to continue its growth?
WHAT IS THE
(1) CORPORATE STRATEGY –
(2) BUSINESS STRATEGY AND
(3) THE OPERATIONAL TACTICAL STRATEGY –
(4)MAKE ASWOT ANALYSIS
- CASE ISSUES AND SUBJECTS
Medical and Surgical Products Industry
Growth through Acquisition
Horizontal Growth: International
Industry Value Chain
Strategy Implementation: Divisional Structure
* Timing and scope of other class and/or out-of-class activities (presentation, participation, workshops seminars , case study, group work and etc. will be decided by the instructor as they are connected to individual assignments.
David, F. (2014). Strategic management concepts (custom ed.). Pearson-Prentice Hall Custom: Upper Saddle River, N.J. ISBN-13: 978-1-269-29188-0. Supplemental website to the textbook http://www.StrategyClub.com
- Johnson, G.; Scholes, K. and Wittingon, R., (2008) “Exploring, Corporate Strategy“, 8th Edition, Prentice Hall.
- Ackermann, F., and C. Eden. 2011 “Making Strategy: Mapping Out Strategic Success”, 2nd ed. London, United Kingdom: SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Leavy, B. and Peter McKiernan, (2008)“Strategic Leadership: Governance and Renewal”,Palgrave
- Strategic Management Journal. Publisher: John Wiley and Sons Ltd. ISSN: 10970266, 01432095. Published since 1996. UK
- Journal of Strategy and Management. Publisher: Emerald Group Publishing. ISSN: 1755-425X. Online from: 2008. USA.
- Martin, R. (2014). “The Big Lie of Strategic Planning.”Harvard Business Review. January Issue. https://hbr.org/2014/01/the-big-lie-of-strategic-planning
- Van Alstyne Marshall W. , Parker Geoffrey G. and Choudary, Sangeet P. (2016). ”Pipelines, Platforms, and the New Rules of Strategy”. Harvard Business Review. April Issue.