In the last 15 years, there has been a growing media interest in pregnancy and birth. First- person accounts of births, as well as news features on all aspects of the birth process regularly appear in newspapers, in magazines, and on television.
For this assignment you are asked to find and read two articles (magazine, newspaper, or journal), one article on a topic about pregnancy, the other on a topic about birth. For instance articles may look at topics such as: high risk pregnancies, the father’s role in birth; the role of midwives and birth attendants; the presence of siblings at birth; home birthing; the patient’s role in decision making about obstetrical procedures; the use of cesarean section; nontraditional birth methods; and medical responses to preterm birth. There may also be first-person accounts of pregnancy or birth and it’s psychological impact on the parents.
After reading the articles, in 3-4 pages, critically examine the articles by addressing these questions:
- Who is the article written for (for example, women in general, pregnant women, husbands, the public at large)? What can you tell about the author of the article? What are his or her credentials? In what way might he or she be showing a bias to a certain way of thinking?
- What experts, authorities, or studies are quoted or referenced in the article?
- In what ways, if any, does the article seek to increase understanding of the gestation period or the birth/the birth process?
- Is the reader urged to take any specific actions? If so, what are they?
- Does the article discuss matters that seem to be controversial? Explain?
- Please write at minimum 2 paragraphs about what information from the Berger text validates or conflicts with information given in the article?
- Length: 3-4 pages (not including cover or reference pages), formatted in APA Style
- Questions should be addressed using an essay format, using APA style of writing (rather than question answer).
- APA Style Cover Page
- APA Reference Page
- Introductory Paragraph: setting forth a clear statement of your thesis.
- Conclusion: a concise statement that reaffirms your thesis.
- References: Use of at least 2 references. Be sure to cite your article as well the textbook.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”
The post Assignment:In the last 15 years, there has been a growing media interest in pregnancy and birth. First- person accounts of births, as well as news features on all aspects of the birth process regularl appeared first on Psychology Homework.