This assignment provides the opportunity for the student to review current and historical literature related to theories important to the nurse practitioner role. The assignment fosters analytical thinking related to the selected theories as well as application within the profession.
Description of the Assignment
An annotated bibliography is an alphabetical list of information sources (such as journal articles), formatted like a bibliography or a reference list, accompanied by a commentary, or annotation, for each source. The purpose of an annotated bibliography is to learn about a topic through a critical review of literature and encourage a deeper engagement with literature to develop analytical skills
This assignment presents a method for examiningâ€¯several theories important and useful to the nurse practitioner role.â€¯
Preparing the Assignment
- For this assignment, choose from the theories/models presented in the weekly lesson.
- Health Belief Model
- Transtheoretical Model of Behavioral Change
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Family Systems Theory
- Family Assessment and Intervention Model
- Praxis Theory of Suffering
- Search the library for literature. Locate 5 (five) articles related to the selected theories. You may use no more than two articles related to each theory/model.
- Sources should be related to nursing practice using the selected theory/model.
- Sources should be scholarly, relevant to the theory/model and to nursing, and published within the past 5 years. If source is older than 5 years, instructor permission should be obtained and the historical significance of the article should be explained.
- Prepare an annotated entry for each source. Begin with the full APA citation of the source, followed by 2-3 paragraphs:
- Summarize the article.
- Describe how the article relates to the chosen theory/model.
- Reflect on how the article could (or could not) be relevant to future Nurse Practitioner practice.
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
- The paper should include a separate title page using APA format. No reference page is necessary as the references will be incorporated into the body of the bibliography.
- Entries should be alphabetized by author.
- A minimum of 5 (five) scholarly references must be used. Required textbooks for this course, and Chamberlain College of Nursing lesson information may NOT be used as scholarly references for this assignment. Be aware that information from .com websites may be incorrect and should be avoided.
- References are current – within a 5-year time frame unless a valid rationale is provided and the instructor has approved them.
- In-text citations are not required in the annotated bibliography.
- Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
“. WITH BRAINY TERM PAPERS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT”
Annottated Bibliography was first posted on May 25, 2020 at 12:21 am.
©2019 "Brainy Term Papers". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"